This course explains how to use the Informatica Velocity Methodology elements to guide successful data integration project implementations throughout the full lifecycle to include:
- The use of the Work breakdown structure to outline all implementation activities including project phases, sub-phases, and tasks for each type of data management projects.
- Role definitions help all team members focus on the appropriate tasks for their functions.
- Product Best Practices guide both individual project types (e.g., data warehousing, data migration) and technology types (e.g., databases, applications).
- Sample deliverables furnish practical examples of requirement specifications and test plans.
The training class instructs your staff to serve in any data integration project team role and to perform with the same methodology as practiced by Informatica.
Informatica Velocity 9 for DI Certification
Certification is a critical part of any training program. At the conclusion of the Informatica Product Best Practices Training Class, the participants will be prepared to take the Informatica Velocity for Data Integration certification exam. This exam is an optional step that can be taken by the class participants to validate their learning. The Informatica Velocity 9 for DI Certification verifies your ability to:
- Navigate the Velocity methodology from enterprise strategies, to individual project types, to discrete tasks and product best practices.
- Describe key areas of the methodology
- Execute the Design/Build/Test tasks for a generic Data Integration project.
- Leverage Velocity product best practices for architecture and configuration.
- Employ Velocity product best practices for mapping design, development, and testing.
Participants who pass the exam are recognized as Informatica Velocity Certified Consultants for Data Integration.
Informatica Velocity for Data Integration Certification is available through the Informatica Certified Professional Program. Please visit www.informatica.com/certification/ for additional details.
- Informatica Data Integration Developers and Project Leads
- Basic PowerCenter knowledge