Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online contest. By submitting an entry on behalf of a company you hereby represent that you have the authority to bind that company and that your acceptance of these Official Rules will be treated as acceptance of these Official Rules by that company. In such an event “you” and “your” will refer to that company herein. By submitting your entry, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST OR TO WIN AN AWARD AS PART OF THIS PROGRAM. A PURCHASE WILL NOT AFFECT OR IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO FOR-PROFIT COMPANIES THAT RESIDE IN A JURISDICTION WHERE IS IT LEGAL TO ENTER THE CONTEST AND THAT HAVE A HADOOP CLUSTER INSTALLED AND RUNNING IN A PRODUCTION DATA MANAGEMENT ENVIRONMENT IN A DATA CENTER LOCATED IN NORTH AMERICA THAT HAS AT LEAST 10 NODES USING A HADOOP SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION THAT MEETS THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS, WHICH INFORMATICA LLC (“SPONSOR”) MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME:
HADOOP SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
CLOUDERA CDH 5.4
HORTONWORKS 2.2.X, 2.3
OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
REDHAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 6.4 MINIMUM
SUSE LINUX ENTERPRISE SERVER 11 MINIMUM
IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN AN AWARD. To be eligible to win an award, Contest entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. The Contest is not open to Sponsor’s parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and/or assigns, or Sponsor’s advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”). Sponsor has the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Each company and its affiliates may not, collectively, submit more than three entries.
2. Contest Period. The Contest starts at 12:01 AM (all times Pacific Time) on September 29, 2015 and ends at 11:59 PM on November 1, 2016 (the "Contest Period"). All entries must be received during the Contest Period and meet the other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win an award.
3. How to Enter. To enter, you must follow the instructions in the online entry form provided on the $1 MILLION BIG DATA READY CHALLENGE web page from Sponsor. All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries and entrants are subject to verification by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
4. Award Selection. Six (6) finalists will be selected during each calendar quarter of 2016 (a “Quarter”) from all entries that have been submitted during the Contest Period prior to the time such entries are reviewed by the judges for selection. Two (2) winners will be selected from the finalists for each Quarter. In addition, during the fourth Quarter of 2016, one (1) grand prize winner will be selected from the eight (8) Quarterly winners. Finalists may be selected at different times during each Quarter. Each finalist, winner and grand prize winner will be determined by a committee consisting of judges selected by Sponsor. The evaluation process will be managed by the Sponsor. All prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the judges and all judging decisions are final and not subject to appeal. The judging panel will chose the finalists, winners and grand prize winners based on which entries best satisfy the following criteria:
5. Prizes. Each Finalist will receive a six (6) month, unlimited node, then current evaluation license for the Informatica Big Data Management software, which may only be used in a North American data center. Each Winner will receive (in addition to the finalist prize) six (6) weeks (240 hours) of professional services pursuant to the then current Informatica Professional Services Agreement, which services may only be used to support the use of the evaluation license. Each finalist must execute Sponsor’s then current evaluation license agreement within five (5) days of issuance by Sponsor. Each winner must execute Sponsor’s then current professional services agreement within five (5) days of issuance by Sponsor. Each finalist must commence use of the evaluation license within three (3) months of the prize notification. Each winner must commence use of the consulting services within three (3) months of the prize notification and complete such use within six (6) months after commencing use of the consulting services. The grand prize winner will receive (in addition to the finalist and winner prizes) up to $5000 towards reasonable expenses (for hotel, airline, full conference pass and related expenses) incurred by a single individual employed and designated by the grand prize winner in connection with attending the Informatica World Conference 2017. The approximate prize value for each finalist is: forty-three thousand seven hundred and fifty dollars ($43,750). The approximate additional prize value for each winner is sixty-thousand dollars ($60,000). The approximate additional prize value for the grand prize winner is five thousand dollars ($5000). The prize is not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Each prize will be awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Award Selection and Winner Notification. Sponsor will notify each finalist, winner and grand prize winner by e-mail using the information provided in the online entry form. To claim the prize, the finalist, winner and grand prize winner must follow the instructions contained in the notification. If any selected entrant does not respond to the Sponsor's email message within 30 days of it being sent, or fails to execute other documents as required by these Official Rules, the originally selected finalist, winner or grand prize winner will forfeit any right or claim to the prize and Sponsor may (but is not obligated to) select another qualifying entrant for the same prize.
7. Odds. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Taxes. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. You may be required to supply a taxpayer ID number prior to the award of prize. Sponsor may file an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of any prize.
9. Disclaimer. Sponsor, and the Sponsor Entities and any of their respective directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
10. General Release. By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
11. Use of Name, Trademarks etc. By participating in the Contest, each finalist, winner and grand prize winner: (a) hereby grants to the Sponsor the right to use the information contained in all submissions made by finalist (“Information”) for the purpose of announcing the prize winners and promoting the use of Sponsor’s products and services; (b) hereby grants to the Sponsor the right to use the finalist’s tradename, trademark, and logos for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (c) agrees to serve as a reference account for Sponsor.
12. Execution of Documents. As a condition of being awarded any prize, a potential finalist, winner, or grand prize winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Publicity Release, License Agreement and/or Professional Services Agreement (as applicable), and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion, in each case, within five (5) days of issuance by Sponsor without further compensation.
13. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the finalist, winner, and grand prize winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after January 1, 2016 and on or before December 31, 2017 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Big Data Ready Challenge. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Big Data Ready Challenge - Rules Request. Residents of Canada and VT may omit return postage.
14. Miscellaneous. Awards and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California, U.S.A. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to: change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion; and, to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation if viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out companies whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Any provision of the Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. You may e-mail any questions to [email protected] or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: Big Data Ready Challenge
15. Sponsor: Informatica LLC, 2100 Seaport Boulevard, Redwood City, California 95063.